The City of Deux-Montagnes announced its partnership with non-profit organization Au Grenier Populaire, for home collection of used furniture and appliances. Deux-Montagnes citizens can now take advantage of this free service to give a second life to furniture which they want to dispose of, provided it is in good condition.
“This new agreement is in line with our environmental values. Too much furniture has already been sent to landfill sites, because of the difficulty some citizens have to transport it to a donation centre by their own means. Working with Au Grenier Populaire means contributing to valuing social integration and encouraging eco-responsible consumption,” said the Mayor of Deux-Montagnes, Denis Martin.
Take a look at the
featured Local Savings
at the bottom of this page!
The organization Au Grenier Populaire accepts donations of furniture that can be resold (i.e. not stained, torn, or broken). The organization also reclaims the following appliances, functional or non-functional:
Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, stoves, washers and dryers, dehumidifiers, water dispensers, heat pumps
Furniture donation process
– Collection requests must be submitted online: https://www.grenierpopulaire.com/cueillette-et-livraison
– The furniture must be in good condition and meet cleanliness standards. A picture of the item is required by the organization before collection to avoid any misunderstandings and unnecessary travel.
– For moving large furniture, the entrance door must already have been removed to facilitate handling.
– No item may be added to a collection if it has not been previously accepted by the organization, in order to prevent disruption to the carrier’s management of space and time.
– For collection of non-functional appliances, they must be placed outside the home the day before the collection and protected from the weather. Citizens should be careful not to place items at the curbside in order to avoid theft.
About Au Grenier Populaire
Au Grenier Populaire is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide support and train people who are experiencing difficulties to integrate into the labour market. Eco-responsible consumers are invited to visit the organization’s store located at 217, Saint-Laurent Street in Saint-Eustache.