In its 18th annual report, under the theme “Children are our priority!”, the Directors of Youth Protection showcased their resolute determination to improve what must be improved and highlights their renewed, unflagging and unshakeable commitment to combat child abuse.
The report emphasizes the tremendous work accomplished in the last year by the caseworkers and their colleagues. With great devotion, they proactively worked to support and to stay in touch with the children and their families. Thanks to their attentive presence and their interventions the children were well taken care of and many tragedies were avoided.
According to the report here are the provincial statistics for 2020-2021:
- Number of reports processed: 117,904, i.e. 323 situations involving children reported each day.
This is a very slight drop in the number of reports processed compared to 2019-2020.
- Number of reports pursued: 44,728. This is a 2.7% increase compared to 2019-2020.
- The acceptance rate for reports was 37.9%, compared to 36.8% last year and 39.3% in 2018-19.
- The majority of reports came from employees of public organisations (33%); the proportions have remained almost unchanged compared to previous years.
- The main living environment for children in the care of the DYP is still the family environment
(55.4%). A greater proportion of children remain in their family environment (13%).
The regional statistics for 2020-2021 are as follows:
- Number of reports processed: 11,440, a slight increase compared to last year (11,199 reports
processed in 2019-2020).
- Number of reports pursued: 4,336, an increase of 429 reports compared to last year.
- The acceptance rate for reports was 37.9%, compared to 34.9% last year.
4. The majority of reports came from employees of public organisations (33.3%), followed by schools
5. The main living environment for children in the care of the DYP is still the family environment