The COVID-19 vaccination campaign begins for the general population, based on age.
Given the limited availability of vaccine doses, vaccinations for the general population will proceed in stages. In the Laurentians, as of February 25, people aged 85 and over (born in or before 1936) were invited to book a vaccination appointment. The simplest and fastest way to make an appointment and to follow the campaign’s progress by region is to visit https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progress-of-the-covid-19-vaccination/.
Family members are encouraged to help their elderly loved ones with making online appointments as
needed. Ms. Rosemonde Landry, President and Executive Director of the CISSS des Laurentides, applauds this new milestone in the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. “The start of vaccinations for the general population marks a particularly important development in our battle against the virus. I want to thank all of our personnel and all of our partners who put in the work so that this massive operation could deploy rapidly,” she said.
Dr. Éric Goyer, the Director of Public Health for the Laurentians, also insisted on the need to remain vigilant for everyone’s protection, especially given the presence of new variants of the virus. “Vaccination makes it possible to believe that we are advancing toward a better future. But it is important to reiterate that the vaccine can take up to three weeks to achieve maximum efficacy. So we must not let up in any way, we must maintain our good habits and compliance with the health measures in force,” he stressed.
The CISSS des Laurentides will have eight mass vaccination sites in the Laurentians.
These will be located at the following addresses:
- Deux-Montagnes: Olympia Arena: 611 20th Avenue
- Lachute: Kevin-Lowe-Pierre-Pagé Arena: 80 Hamford Avenue
- Blainville: 820, Curé-Labelle Boulevard
- Saint-Jérôme: Quartier 50+: 425, Jean-Baptiste-Rolland Boulevard East
- Saint-Sauveur: Versant Saint-Sauveur: 191 Chemin du Lac Millette
- Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts: Centre sportif Damien Hétu Arena: 40 Rue Brissette
- Rivière-Rouge: Vallée de la Rouge Sports and Cultural Centre Community Hall: 1550 Chemin du
- Mont-Laurier: Espace théâtre: 543, Rue du Pont
These sites will open progressively between the week of February 22 and the week of March 15. Residents must not show up to be vaccinated without having first obtained an appointment.